We'll be going from to in seven steps!
Using PSP7, but translatable.
1. Start with your base.
2. Duplicate, and set that to Screen 45%.
3. Duplicate your base again, drag it to the top, and set it to Soft Light 100%.
4. Make a new raster layer, and fill it with #000C4A. Set that to Exclusion 100%.
5. Duplicate your base, drag it up to the top, desaturate (Colors -> Adjust -> Hue/Saturation/Lightness -> set Saturation at -100), and set it at Soft Light 100%.
6. Add a Saturation layer, 20 (New Adjustment Layer -> Hue/Saturation/Lightness -> set Saturation at 20).
7. Add a 1px black border & you're done!
Let me know what you think, and the icon is up for grabs if anyone wants it! I have a whole batch coming when I get them all together--soon, I promise. :)